Thirsk by train
Thirsk by train – July 2021
Plan your journey to Thirsk by train
Thirsk railway station
There are direct trains to Thirsk from London, Durham, Newcastle, Manchester, Leeds, York, Middlesbrough, Sunderland and other places en-route.
- Live train arrivals and departures
- Train journey planner that covers all of the UK
- Call 03457 484950 for all telephone enquiries. There is no telephone number for Thirsk station, phone the national number instead
- Buses 70 & 153 pass the station. They are reliable but infrequent, see the Station to/from Thirsk times. The buses go to Thirsk, Ripon, Northallerton and many villages, see the full timetable
- There is no station taxi rank, you need to book ahead, see taxis for phone numbers
- Use Traveline to plan any public transport journey in the UK
- Map of all the railways in the United Kingdom
- Other maps you might need for journey planning
The main train line from London to Edinburgh passes through Thirsk station, 1.3 miles (2.1km) from the centre of the town. It takes about 4 minutes to drive or 30 minutes to walk.
Only trains operated by Grand Central (London-Sunderland) and TransPennine Express (Manchester Airport-Newcastle & Manchester Airport-Middlesbrough) stop at Thirsk station. For other routes a change of train is needed, often in York or Northallerton.